Forums / Fun! / Forum Games

63,854 total conversations in 717 threads

+ New Thread

5 Minute Mystery

Last posted May 25, 2023 at 05:33PM EDT. Added May 22, 2023 at 09:06PM EDT
11 posts from 4 users

I randomly came up with one of these while at work. I tried it on my parents, and after that I decided to revise it just a little and now I want to try it with other people. Let's see if you can solve this:

At a crime scene, a body was found on the ground dead. The only evidence at the scene was a pile of broken glass. There were no visible lacerations on the body, and no stains of any kind anywhere to be found. During the autopsy, it was revealed the victim had not ingested anything, but the result of death was poisoning. It was later determined that the glass was in fact related to the death

What was the glass, and how did it kill the victim?

If you need any hints, please say so and I'll give one out. I'll reply then or when anybody's right.

Is the victim missing an eye? An eye which was replaced by a glass one? A glass one made with leaded glass? From which the victim eventually expired from lead poisoning?

Last edited May 23, 2023 at 10:40PM EDT

Okay, since no one has guessed correctly yet, I'll provide the first hint:

The metal in question was in a form of matter that you wouldn't usually think it'd be in.

Xtal wrote:

Was the glass the shattered bulb of a mercury vapor lamp?

You know what, I'm calling it that's close enough. The answer was supposed to be fluorescent lamps, but that's close enough so…

This forum is now open to anyone who wants to post any more mysteries.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!